BRYAN AIRCRAFT, INC.
Williams Co. Airport P.O. Box 488
MOUNTING-WINGS ON FUSELAGE
1. Assemble both wings on fuselage with main pins installed so that lower main wing pin extends into the fitting located at the center of the tube across the rear of the wheel well, and rear spar drag fittings are in fuselage carry through tube slots.
2. Shim each main spar above fuselage longerons to get equal spacing and remove any weight from the lower main wing pin on the fuselage fitting.
3. Place a straightedge aligned fore and aft on the top main wing attachment fittings.
4. Raise or lower rear spars to get measurement between straightedge and tube across back of seat to equal measurement between straightedge and lower tube of rear spar carry through.
5. Make duplicate of top wing root template. Place template on each wing root over No. 1 rib and sight tops of templates to insure that wing roots have identical incidence.
6. Drill through each rear drag fitting and rear wing spar fitting with No. 12 drill . After double checking alignments, drill and ream to 3/8". Use 1/4" and 5/16" intermediate drills.
7. Drill through each of 4 fuselage main wing spar attach fittings and mating wing spar fittings with a long No. 12 drill.
8. Drill and ream holes out to 5/16" diameter.
9. While wings are attached to fuselage, mark flap carry through pivot supports for drilling. Centerline of these two holes must intersect centerline of wing flap hinge lines at the point where fuselage drive rib meets the inboard flap rib.
10. Make sure that drive rib will enter flap rib freely when wing panels are installed on fuselage.
11. While the wing is mounted, place ailerons and control stick in neutral so that aileron push pull tubes can be marked and cut to proper length.